The health and safety of public and staff is our highest priority as we continue to support the Manitoba Government in their efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19.
We are following the most recent recommendation to cancel or postpone gatherings of more than 10 people, and with that, have experienced an unprecedented number of postponements and cancellations. We are working with clients on an individual basis, striving to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes through these unsettling times.
Over the past several weeks, we have taken precautionary health measures throughout our facility in order to provide a healthy safe environment and will continue to do so in order to reduce the risk of transmission. Amplified cleaning and sanitization protocols, increased hand sanitizers throughout our facility and other preventative measures continue. The Centre remains open from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm, with public access from the York Avenue entrance through to the indoor skywalk system. This will allow access for those utilizing Winnipeg Transit Plus, the North Building parking facilities and our tenants at the Centre.
Our administrative team can be reached at (204) 956-1720 during regular business hours (8:30 am – 4:30 pm). https://www.wcc.mb.ca/contact-us/staff-directory/
After hours, please contact Security at (204) 957-4523.
The Centre Place Café has been closed until further notice.
Together we can create a safe & healthy environment
We encourage everyone to follow the guidelines of Manitoba’s public health officials
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves, all Manitobans have a role to play in slowing its spread and minimizing its impact on the health-care system and in communities.
Social distancing strategies for all Manitobans include:
- cancelling or postponing any large-scale events with more than 10 attendees
- minimizing prolonged (more than 10 minutes), close (less than two metres) contact between other individuals in public
- avoiding greetings that involve touching such as handshakes
- disinfecting frequently used surfaces
- following public health advice related to self-monitoring and self-isolation if you have travelled or have been exposed to someone ill with the virus
- considering avoiding travel, crowded places and events, especially if you are at higher risk.
Common Preventative Measures
- Regular handwashing with soap and warm water for at least 15 seconds. Make sure to dry hands thoroughly
- Alternatively, people can use an alcohol-based hand cleanser if their hands are not visibly dirty
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, or cough or sneeze into their sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
Anyone concerned that they may have been exposed to, or are experiencing symptoms of the novel coronavirus, should contact Health Links at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257
Follow the most accurate and up-to-date news regarding the Coronavirus by visiting the following sites:
Originally posted March 3, 2020. Last updated March 27, 2020