There’s an investment being made in Winnipeg and our future
With over $2 billion being spent on new convention infrastructure and attractions, Winnipeg is experiencing unparalleled growth that is changing the landscape of our city. A new airport that was recently named one of the 10 most iconic terminals in the world, a world-famous Canadian Museum for Human Rights, a polar bear conservation centre, the league’s most exciting NHL franchise, a new CFL stadium, major retailers like IKEA and Cabela’s anchoring a flagship shopping experience, new boutique and big brand hotels breaking ground and a host of other exciting changes are making Winnipeg a whole new city.
In the middle of it all is the RBC Convention Centre Winnipeg with a $180+ million expansion that has made us almost twice as big and twice as great. With our expansion, we’ve grown to 264,000 square feet of rentable space which includes an additional ballroom, additional underground parking and over 131,000 of third floor exhibition space. We’re renovating existing space and growing in size to accommodate your next convention, trade or consumer show.
When we first opened our doors in 1975, we were the leader in purpose-built convention centres in Canada. When we bundle together an expanded convention centre and everything that’s new in Winnipeg, there is no other city in Canada that can compete with us for new and exciting convention infrastructure and attractions.
|Existing Space||160,000 sq ft|
|Expanded Space||100,000 sq ft|
|Total Rentable space after expansion||260,000 sq ft|
(includes exhibition hall; multipurpose, meeting and banquet space; public lobby; concourse; registration area; pre-function space)
- Built to meet Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver Standards
- Largest tier-two publicly-owned Convention Centre in Canada
- 4th largest publicly-owned Convention Centre in Canada
- New contiguous 131,000 square feet of exhibition space on the third floor can now accommodate 680+ exhibit booths
- With all trade and consumer shows located entirely on the third floor, the rest of the building can now host multiple convention and conferences at the same time
- In the centre of the third floor is the incredible City View Room that stitches the north and south buildings together with floor-to-ceiling windows and a beautiful view. Imagine 43,000 sq. ft. of space situated high above York Avenue, capable of accommodating 3,150 guests for a sit-down dinner and dance or 220+ trade show booths.
- Main floor York Ballroom in the south building can be divided into four separate meeting rooms and can therefore act as a self-contained conference centre
- 40,000 sq ft street level plaza on York Avenue functions as a new downtown weather protected gathering place
- One level of underground parking with 150 stalls is located under the new building
Different Name – Same Great Service
We’ve changed our name but that’s all. Thanks to a naming rights partnership agreement between the Winnipeg Convention Centre and RBC Royal Bank in 2013, we are pleased to announce that the Winnipeg Convention Centre is now known as the RBC Convention Centre Winnipeg. The name change is another chapter in our expansion and renovation project and a monumental show of support by one of Canada’s oldest and most respected brands.